Photo of the Red Hawk statue.
News Students Can Use

Career Corner: Handshake Snapshot!

On-campus employment, consider graduate school…more!

Posted in: Career, Featured News

two students with laptops sitting and chatting

Taking advantage of the resources available to you as a student can help you jumpstart your career. Handshake has a wide array of jobs and internships available for all majors. Take a look at our data snapshot below to learn more and be sure to book a career counseling appointment to discuss your goals!

  • Over 4,000 Job Opportunities
  • Over 1,000 Internship Opportunities
  • Over 30 On-Campus Opportunities
  • Over 6,000 Employers
Login to Handshake

On-Campus Employment

There are two employment programs available for students on campus:

  • Federal Work Study (FWS): This is a federally supported employment program for students who are eligible based on the FAFSA. If you are a recipient of financial aid, you may be eligible to receive Federal Work Study funds. Check if you have FWS funds.
  • Student Assistant (SA): This is a University employment program. Students without Federal Work Study funds may apply for jobs designated for Student Assistants.

We regularly update Handshake with new positions as well, so if you don’t see anything that you’re interested in now, please be sure to save your search and set up email notifications so you don’t miss out!

Considering Graduate School?

Graduate degrees are available in almost any subject and come in three levels. Depending on the graduate school program and degree level you desire, your program requirements and length will vary.

  • Specialist Degrees: Usually earned in addition to a master’s degree and will require additional coursework, training or internship experience. This type of degree usually prepares students for professional certification or licensing requirements.
  • Masters Degrees: Offered in many fields of study. For full-time students, completing a master’s degree usually takes two years, but varies based on program type.
  • Doctoral Degrees: The highest degrees possible. They usually require the creation of new knowledge via independent research. This degree may take anywhere from five to seven years to complete.

View Montclair State University’s graduate programs!