We have a new name!
What you once knew as The Center for Career Services has now become (drumroll please…): The Office for Experiential Education and Career Connections. While we may have a shiny new name, our focus on your career exploration, preparation and success inside and outside of Montclair State University remains the same. We can connect you to the resources and support needed to enhance your professional skills, network with employers and industry experts, develop your job search strategy, explore internship opportunities and more. Explore All Our Services.
Part-time Student Job Fair
Wednesday, September 6
Student Center, Quad (rain location is the Student Center, Ballrooms)
- Meet with both on- and off-campus employers interested in hiring various positions. Each year 50+ employers register for the event. Bring plenty of copies of your resume and your Montclair State University Student IDs.
- Registration Is Required through Handshake.
- *Check-In to Win* Five lucky students who check-in to the fair will win a University Bookstore giftcard.
Part-Time Jobs in Handshake
- Extended Play and Enrichment Counselor: Montclair Kimberley Academy
- Domestic Violence Overnight Shelter Advocate”: YMCA Union County
- Office Assistant: NYU
- STEM Instructor: Busy Bees Learning Center
- Swim instructors and Lifeguards!: Wyckoff Family YMCA
- Pastry Cook: Ladyfingers Bakery + Bar
On-Campus Part-time Employment
- Federal Work Study: Family Science & Human Development Dept.
- Student Assistant: Student Networking Technician, Information Technology
- College of the Arts: Office of Student Services Graduate Student Worker
- Federal Work Study: Student Communications Assistant
- Graduate Student Worker: CCHL Student Success Front Desk Assistant
- Federal Work Study: Graduate Admissions Student Worker
- Federal Work Study: Broadcast and Media Operations Student Technician
There are two employment programs available for students on campus. Prior to applying to on-campus student employment positions, please review the Student Employment Policy.
Federal Work Study: This is a federally supported employment program for students who are eligible based on the FAFSA. If you are a recipient of financial aid, you may be eligible to receive Federal Work Study funds. To check if you have FWS funds please log on to NEST and click on the financial aid tab.
Student Assistant: This is a university employment program that offers on-campus, part-time jobs if you do not qualify for FWS. Students without Federal Work Study funds may apply for jobs designated for Student Assistants. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- All students must maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Undergraduate students must maintain a minimum of nine credits per semester.
- Graduate students must maintain a minimum of six credits per semester.
- SA employment cannot exceed 20 hours per week.
To Find On-campus Student Employment Postings:
- Click on the “Jobs” link in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Click the “On Campus” filter at the top of your search page.
- Click the “Show Results” button on the lower right corner to see your search results.
- After you click the Save your Job Search link at the top of your results, you can set up job alerts (email notifications) when similar positions are posted!