Photo of the Red Hawk statue.
News Students Can Use

We All Need Some Help, Sometimes!

Where to Get Help, When You Need It. How to Help Your Fellow Red Hawks!

Posted in: Announcements, Dean of Students News, Featured News, Safety, Wellness

Picture of a person sitting and leaning up against a brick wall

If you are ever feeling afraid, depressed or lonely we want you to know you are not alone! We have many resources available to connect you with the help you need.

Need Help Now?

Sometimes you just need to talk.

  • You can make an appointment to talk with a member of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) (visit their website) or visit drop-in hours called Let’s Talk.
  • If you’re in urgent need and CAPS is closed, connect with a licensed clinician right away by calling the CAPS main number (973-655-5211) and selecting option 2.
  • If you’re interested in teletherapy services, register for free sessions now at UWill.
  • Reminder: Emergency services contact information is on the back of your Student ID Card.

No matter what, don’t wait, don’t hesitate! Reach out to CAPS or UWill for help!

How Can You Help a Fellow Red Hawk – CARE Reports

If you ever worried about a fellow Red Hawk, you can help by reporting your concern. If it is an emergency, if someone’s life could be at risk, please contact University Police at 973-655-5222. If it’s not an immediate emergency, but you still want to let us know of your concern, you can submit a CARE Report. You can make a positive difference when needed the most!

Montclair Cares

Here are some links that might be helpful to you: