Google Mail (Gmail)
Information Technology has been internally piloting the use of Google Mail (Gmail) for the past few months. We are now prepared to begin scheduling the migration of all other employees to Gmail in logical groupings by departments and administrative offices in two phases. This process will run from June through December.
Phase I (First week of June through November) will focus on Administrative areas, non-academic functional units, the Provost’s Office, Dean’s Offices and college-level support staff.
Phase II (October through early December) will encompass all faculty and academic areas.
- Things to Know
- Introduction to Google Mail (Gmail)
- Customizing Gmail Settings
- Thunderbird for MSU Google Mail Setup
- What Do I Do With My Old Email Account?
- Setting Up Your MSU Google Mail (Gmail) On Your Apple Device
- Setting Up Your MSU Google Mail (Gmail) On Your Android Device
- Importing and Exporting Thunderbird Mail Filters
The University has a contractual agreement with Google, Inc. for their Google Apps for Education suite of products, including Google Calendar and Google Drive (formerly Google Docs). As such, the Google Drive service is now available to all faculty, staff, and librarians to provide additional file sharing and document collaboration capabilities.
With Google Groups, you can create online and email-based groups. Use it to engage in discussions about a specific subject, organize meetings, conferences, or social events among members of a group, and read group posts through email, the online interface, or both.