Wireless Interference can result in delays in downloading and Internet browsing, decreased signal strength and dropped connections.
Your wireless experience could be affected by competing wireless devices that step on the same 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio band waves. The more radio signals in the air, the more potential for interference.
The following devices are known to impact your WiFi signal while on campus:
- Personal Routers – prohibited
- Personal Wireless Access Points – prohibited
- Set-top boxes i.e roku – wired connection recommend
- Wireless cameras – wired connection recommend
- Wireless Printer – wired connection recommend
- Wireless speakers – wired connection recommended
- Bluetooth devices i.e. mice, headphones, headsets, etc. – Limit use/turn off when not in use.
- Some gaming devices i.e XBox controllers – turn off when not in use