Your bill for the spring 2023 semester is now available in NEST.
Payment Due Date: Monday, January 9, 2023
This bill reflects your balance using costs including tuition, fees, any applicable housing and meal plans. Some students also may have the University Health Insurance premium included in their spring 2023 balance (students affected by this will receive more information in the coming days with details on how to accept or waive the insurance). You may use this bill for your financial planning well before the payment deadline and as a point of reference when requesting funds from a 529 Plan, private loans, financial aid, etc.
Finding Your Bill
- Log into NEST using your University NetID and password.
- Select “Student Accounts” on the left hand column.
- Navigate to the “Pay My Bill” portlet and select “Statement and Payment History.”
- Select “Account Summary By Term.” Here you will see your spring 2023 bill which is based on your enrolled credits, fees, financial aid, meal plans and room and board if applicable.
- Bi-monthly invoices are emailed (on the 1st and 15th) to your Montclair State University email address. Spring 2023 invoices will begin the week of November 28, 2022.
Reminder: The due date for your spring 2023 payment is Monday, January 9, 2023.
If you enroll in a payment plan, please refer to the payment schedule that is emailed to your University email address upon successful enrollment.
Payments can be mailed or made online via NEST. You may use any one form or combination of payment options below to satisfy your bill. For more information on payment options, please visit the Payment Options web page.
TouchNet Installment Payment Plan
- Spring 2023 payment plans open on Tuesday, January 3, 2023, for a limited time.
- You can enroll in one (1) active plan for one (1) semester at a time.
- This plan is interest-free and available with a $30.00 enrollment fee.
- Visit the Tuition Payment Plan web page for further information.
- If not included already, room and board will be added to your invoice as soon as a selection is made. Your plan balance will be updated within 24 hours.
Electronic Check (E-Check) or Credit/Debit Card
- All E-Check or credit/debit card payments must be made on NEST through TouchNet.
- Please Note: Credit/debit cards are not accepted at the Cashier’s Window
- There are self service computer kiosks set up in Cole Hall for students to login to their NEST accounts to make online payments if necessary. We also have printers available if you need to print a receipt.
- E-Check payments will be processed at no additional cost.
When paying by credit/debit card there is a non-refundable processing fee charged by our credit card servicer of 2.85% of your payment (there is a minimum payment of $.50 and a minimum $3.00 processing fee when using a credit/debit card).
- Make a check/money order payable to Montclair State University and mail to the following address: Montclair State University; Attn: Cashier’s Office; 1 Normal Ave; Montclair, NJ 07043. Please include your CWID number on the check/money order.
- You may pay with cash at the Cashier’s Window located at Red Hawk Central 1-Stop, Susan A. Cole Hall, 2nd floor Atrium.
Important Notes About Your Bill
- Payments made towards spring 2023 charges prior to the start of the 2023 calendar year will not be recorded on your 2022 1098-T.
- Please ensure you review the Montclair State University Financial Responsibility Agreement.
- This bill shows your estimated financial aid (as of now) that will be applied to your account and the resulting net amount that will be due.
- Recent Parent PLUS or private loan applications (if filed within the past two weeks) may not be reflected in the estimated aid amount on this bill.
- Students are billed on a semester basis (fall, winter, spring and summer). Montclair State University reserves the right to change tuition, fees, health insurance premium and room and board every academic year.
- Important Reminder: Any adjustments to your schedule (i.e., Adding or dropping courses) will affect your final bill. If you maintain 12-18 credits throughout your adjustments, the flat rate cost will not change.
Please contact Red Hawk Central for support.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Location: Susan A. Cole Hall, 2nd floor, Suite 230/232
- Phone: 973-655-7600