Course planning requires deep thought and expertise in discipline and pedagogy. It also requires lots of pesky detailed knowledge, addressed below. Have we forgotten something? Let us know at email@example.com.
Instructor Practical Information
- Academic Dishonesty procedures: the contact is the Director of Student Conduct, Jerry Collins.
- Audio-Visual technology is available in nearly all of our classrooms and labs, and IT lends out additional equipment. Problems with classroom technology? Call 973-655-7971, and choose option 4, Audio-Visual Classroom Emergencies.
- Canvas course problems? Reach out to ITDS (firstname.lastname@example.org) or schedule a consultation.
- Classroom information. In NEST check “my schedule” to see the exact facts about your course, including your assigned classroom (check again the night before in case a change was made.)
- To see more details about your classroom, including technical set-up, see 25live, accessible by anyone with a netID.
- Locked out of your room? Contact your department administrator or Dean’s Office immediately so the problem can be remedied. A DIY approach is to email email@example.com to request access; copy your department administrator.
- Montclair State University’s Grading Standards are set by the Provost’s Office/Academic Affairs. Plan for Grading provides further information about grading at Montclair.
- Outdoor spaces for classes can be requeshttp://ce/teaching-at-montclair/grading-standards/ted through 25live. Search for “tent” during warm weather. More information found s at Tent Request Instructions and Tent Request and Use Policy.
- Faculty and Graduate Student Commons: Looking for a room to book for an event or activity? This 36-seat room is available first come first serve for individual and group work, and the entire room may be booked at least 3 days in advance for seminars, meetings, or group activities.
Multifaith Religious Observances Calendar: As a service to the university community, the Department of Religion has created and will maintain an evolving religious observances calendar on its website that is meant to serve as a scheduling and educational tool.
- Zoom Etiquette at Montclair provides guidelines for students; see also Zoom Teaching Tips.
- Dining on campus: list of locations and use of ID card.
- Employee services: a collection of links that imagine the most needed resources for employees across positions.
- ID cards: information about getting a ID card.
- Information Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org or x7971. When you run into a computer, phone, or other technological problem, seek help.
- Maintenance & Facilities: Call 973-655-5444.
- Parking: online parking permit and annual registration or public transportation.
- Payroll Services: information on payroll schedule and direct deposit.
- Policies for Employees: including those related to Academic Freedom; ADA; FERPA; FMLA; Vaccination; Discrimination, Harassment, and Hostile Work Environment.
- Rave Mobile Safety: a campus-wide alert system. Enrollment is typically automatic but check in NEST.
Updated 11/4/22 EJI