Campus entrance with arches on sunny day

Marriage or Civil Union/Same-Sex Domestic Partnership

Changes to records and benefit coverage levels may be necessary as a result of your marriage or establishment of a civil union/same-sex domestic partnership.

Change your health insurance coverage:

Review your current level of plan coverage. You may decide to enroll your spouse or civil union/same-sex domestic partner, cancel your coverage, or make no changes.

  • Log into Benefitsolver
  • Select “Change my Benefits”
  • Under the “Life Event” tab select “Marriage”
  • Update your benefits within 60 days of your marriage
  • Note you will need to submit a copy of your marriage certificate

Change your Flexible Spending Account contributions:

To enroll or to increase or decrease your Annual Salary Deduction amount, within 30 days of the date of your marriage. Complete the Change in Status form and fax or mail the form directly to Horizon Myway.

Update your beneficiaries for life insurance:

  • ABP members must complete the Designation of Beneficiary form and return it to: Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295.
  • Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and Police and Firemen’s Retirement System (PFRS) members must use the online Designation of Beneficiary Application available through the Member Benefits Online System (MBOS).