Dental Plan Eligibility for Dependents
Dependents of Employees may be eligible for dental coverage if they fall into one of the following categories:
- Legal spouse
- Same-sex domestic partner or civil union partner
- Eligible children under age 26 (including stepchildren, foster children, adopted children or children an employee is legally required to support)
When Dental Plan Coverage Begins
|10-Month Faculty hired 9/1||Benefits (medical, prescription, dental) effective 9/1||Ex: Faculty hired 9/1, benefits effective 9/1|
|12-Month Faculty hired 9/1 or after,
Regular Full-Time Staff
|Benefits (medical, prescription, dental) effective 60 days from hire date||Ex: Faculty/Staff hired 10/1, benefits effective 12/1|
Available Dental Plans
- Dental Expense Plan (PPO)
- A traditional indemnity plan, administered by Aetna, allows members to obtain services from any licensed dentist.
- Dental Plan Organizations (DPOs)
- Individual plans that offer services only through networks of participating dentists. There are several DPOs participating in the SHBP Employee Dental Plans from which employees may choose – Aetna DMO; CIGNA DHMO; Healthplex; Horizon Dental Choice; and MetLife.
Dental Plan Fact Sheets
How to Apply
Visit my.state.nj.us and login by entering your user name and password.
If you are a first-time user, visit http://nj.gov/treasury/pensions and click on Register under State Employees: Access Benefitsolver to set up your user name, password and security questions.
- Enter your social security number, company key and date of birth.
- Answer your Security Phrase.
- Enter and confirm your new password, then click ‘Continue’ to return to this page and login.
Click ‘Benefitsolver’ and follow the instructions to enroll in your benefits or waive coverage.
You must make your elections by the deadline shown on the calendar. If you miss the deadline you will waive any electable benefit coverage, and have to wait until the next annual enrollment period to enroll.
MyChoice Mobile App
Enroll in your benefits from your mobile device. Visit mychoice mobile app on your smart phone or tablet, download one from your device’s app store. You can simply log on to my.state.nj.us on your laptop, home computer and tap your way through your elections.
Looking for more information?
View plan details, carrier specifics and benefit guides by clicking ‘Reference Center’ in the main navigation.
Want to review your current benefits?
You have year-round access to your benefit summary and specific benefit elections at www.benefitsolver.com. Click ‘Benefits Summary’ on the homepage to review your current benefits.
Review your elections
Review, edit and approve your personal information, elections, dependents and beneficiaries.
Once you have reviewed your elections and they are accurate, click ‘Approve’ to continue.
Confirm your choices
Your enrollment isn’t complete until you confirm your benefit elections and cost.
Print your election information and confirmation number for future reference or save it to your Message Center.