Unemployment Insurance (UI) is a program that gives financial support to employees who are unable to work on their jobs through no fault of their own.
- You may be eligible to receive Unemployment benefits. Check your eligibility.
Unemployment benefits provide 60% of average wages, with a maximum of $713 per week, plus an additional $600 per week through July due to the CARES Act.
- Please note: This process is not managed by Montclair State University, you must follow the procedures specified on the Unemployment website or contact an Unemployment Customer Service Representative at 609-292-7060.
- Please be sure to provide the following information on your application:
- Employer ID (FEIN) #: 022248181800000 (State of New Jersey)
- Payroll/ Location #: 4140000
- Complete name and address of employer
- Employer’s telephone number
- Your occupation with that employer
- Beginning and ending dates of employment
- Reason for separation – Furloughed Due to COVID -19
There is no need to contact HR Benefits for your unemployment data, employer data is transmitted electronically to the NJ Department of Labor on behalf of the claimant.