Unemployment Insurance (UI) is a program that gives financial support to employees who are unable to work on their jobs through no fault of their own.
- You may be eligible to receive Unemployment benefits. Check your eligibility.
Unemployment benefits provide 60% of average wages, with a maximum of $713 per week.
- Please note: This process is not managed by Montclair State University, you must follow the procedures specified on the Unemployment website or contact an Unemployment Customer Service Representative at:
- North New Jersey: 201-601-4100
- Central New Jersey: 732-761-2020
- South New Jersey: 856-507-2340
- Please be sure to provide the following information on your application:
- Employer ID (FEIN) #: 022248181800000 (State of New Jersey)
- Payroll/ Location #: 4140000
- Complete name and address of employer
- Employer’s telephone number
- Your occupation with that employer
- Beginning and ending dates of employment
- Reason for separation – Furloughed Due to COVID -19
- If, for any reason, the Unemployment Office requests official documentation of your furlough, please contact email@example.com.
- To reopen your initial unemployment claim, you may do so by logging into your account online or by calling the Unemployment Office. For more information, please visit https://www.myunemployment.nj.
Non-New Jersey Residents
If you currently live outside of New Jersey and need to file for unemployment, please click on the below link for information:
To file a claim via phone, please call 888-795-6672. You must call from an area code outside of New Jersey.
Please note that due to an increase in Fraudulent Claims, the NJ Unemployment Office may require additional proof of identification.
There is no need to contact HR Benefits for your unemployment data, employer data is transmitted electronically to the NJ Department of Labor on behalf of the claimant.