The Retirement information is provided for employees considering retirement within the next six months. Below is an overview of the benefits available to you upon retirement and steps to follow to help you make a smooth transition from active employment to retirement.
Social Security and Medicare Information:
- Social Security Administration Homepage
- How to Apply Online for Social Security Retirement Benefits/Retirement Estimator
- Medicare Homepage
- Medicare and you handbook
- How to Apply to Medicare Online
Health Benefits Information:
- SHBP Summary of Benefits & Coverage
- Information on Retiree Wellness Program
- Fact Sheet #23 The State Health Benefits Program and Medicare Parts A and B
- Social Security Retirement Benefits
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Aetna Medicare Advantage FAQs
Would You like To Return To Work at Montclair State University?
The State of New Jersey has strict regulations regarding employees returning to work after retirement from Montclair State University or any other NJ State agency. Please carefully read the following Fact Sheet before considering returning to work at Montclair in any capacity:
Employer Certification for Terminated Retirees Pursuant to Executive Order No. 115
This form is to be completed by the employer when terminating a retired public employee who was hired pursuant to Executive Order No. 115.