The W-4 allowances you claim determine the federal and state taxes that are withheld from your gross pay each pay period.
All new employees are required to complete a form W-4. If one is not submitted, the IRS requires taxes to be withheld at the rate of “Single” marital status with no other adjustments until a form W-4 is completed.
IRS links are included below to assist in choosing the best withholding options for your specific needs. Payroll cannot offer advice on what options an employee should choose. All employees are responsible for their individual withholdings.
To determine the correct number of allowances you should claim on form W-4, complete the Tax Withholding Estimator provided by the IRS.
To view a copy of the new W4 form, please click below
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions, please visit the IRS website at: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/faqs-on-the-2020-form-w-4
How to update in Workday:
Employee Self Service
Update Federal Withholding Elections
- From your homepage, click on the “Pay” worklet.
- Click on “Withholding Elections” in the “Actions” section.
- Click on the “Update” button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the effective date of the change and click “OK” at the bottom of the page.
- Update your elections and click “OK” at the bottom of the page.