The University has reaffirmed the Flexible Work Arrangements Policy. Flexible arrangements, including remote working, compressed schedules and flex time, will continue to be available for eligible employees and current, approved flexible work arrangements may continue. All arrangement modifications and new arrangement requests must be completed in Workday, Please refer to the Flexible Work Arrangement Request Job Aid (PDF).
The Flexible Work Arrangements Policy is quite detailed, and the University encourages employees to read it carefully and discuss their options with their supervisors. Questions about the Policy may be directed to the general Human Resources mailbox at email@example.com.
Survey Results – Highlights
- The survey was conducted between May 26 and June 10, 2022.
- The survey was well received, with 44% of eligible AFT professional staff/librarians and eligible CWA/IFPTE employees, and 67% of managers responding to the survey.
- In all, 414 staff members and 200 managers responded to the survey; 300 qualitative comments were submitted with the surveys.
- The survey reflected employees had high satisfaction with the Policy, improved morale, and had a positive impact on their work and personal lives. Employees highlighted the benefits of the Policy, namely reducing commute time/expense, improved productivity, and improved mental health and work/life balance.
- Managers highlighted that the Policy made a significant impact in recruiting and retaining employees.
- The hybrid or remote schedule, which permits employees to work from an alternate location (usually their home) several days a week, was the most select work arrangement.
Survey Results – Opportunities
- Improving communication to inform staff and managers that the Policy offers more than just hybrid or remote alternatives – including enabling employees to work compressed schedules, to vary their start and end times, or request short-term arrangements.
- Increasing the number of days eligible for a hybrid or remote arrangement.
- Streamlining the management and approval of flexible work arrangements.
- Insuring the Policy is applied equitably across the University.
- Enhancing access to the remote work alternatives for additional employees and ensuring the Policy is applied equitably.