Campus entrance with arches on sunny day

Birth or Adoption

Congratulations on the arrival of a new member to your family! As a result of your change in family status, you may wish to:

Change your health insurance coverage level:

  • Log into Benefitsolver
  • Select “Change my Benefits”
  • Under the Life Event tab select “Birth or Adoption”
  • Update your benefits within 60 days of the birth or adoption of your child
  • Note you will need to submit a copy of their birth certificate or adoption papers

Change your Flexible Spending Account contributions:

To enroll or to increase or decrease your Annual Salary Deduction amount, within 30 days of the child’s birth or adoption. Complete the Change in Status form and fax or mail the form directly to Horizon Myway.

Update your beneficiaries for life insurance:

ABP members must complete the Designation of Beneficiary form and return it to: Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295.
Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and Police and Firemen’s Retirement System (PFRS) must use the online Designation of Beneficiary Application available through the Member Benefits Online System (MBOS).