The annual manager evaluation and reappointment process enables managers to self-evaluate their performance and enter into a dialogue with their unit and division leaders regarding the manager’s performance. Managers are appointed under annual contracts that mirror the University’s fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th).
Each year, managers are evaluated on the following competencies:
Manager Performance Evaluation Form
Managerial Reappointment Schedule (2019 – 2020)
Managers are evaluated for reappointment annually. Managers who are approved for reappointment by the President following the schedule below are reappointed for the July 01, 2019 – June 30, 2020 period.
- Manager Performance Evaluation and Reappointment Recommendation Form FY2020 (DOC) made available online.
- Every manager submits their self-assessment to the first level of supervision. For the 2019-2020 reappointment process, ALL managers must complete a self-assessment.
- Immediate supervisor completes performance evaluation form. Manager and employee discuss performance review, revise if needed, and both parties’ sign the form electronically.
- Unit Head (Director/Dean) submits their recommendation for all of their managers via email to their respective Division Vice President.
- Every Vice President submits their recommendations for all of their managers to HR, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org with CCs sent to the unit head, immediate supervisor and employee. By that point, any recommended non-reappointments or other concerns will have been discussed by the appropriate officers with the VP for HR. Upon receipt of all recommendations, HR will review for completeness, anomalies, or errors.
- Vice President for Human Resources, reviews form for completeness and content, then forwards all managerial recommendations to the University President.
- President notifies all managers of the reappointment recommendation decision.
- HR provides each Vice President with a salary recommendation form for all managers in the VP’s unit.
- Every Vice President provides a completed salary recommendation form for the VP’s unit to the President with a copy to the VP for HR.
- The Board of Trustees acts on the President’s reappointment recommendations and establishes a pool for managerial salary adjustments.
- The University President sends all managers the final reappointment letter, including salary effective July 1, 2019.
- Employee returns signed reappointment letter to Human Resources.
The above calendar is also available for download: 2019 – 2020 Managerial Reappointment Schedule (DOC).