University Policy on AFT Performance-Based Promotions
The University has established the following criteria for selection of successful candidates for performance-based promotion for professional staff. An applicant for a performance-based promotion must meet all of the following criteria:
- Excellent performance in the full range of the individual’s professional responsibilities over a significant period of time.
- Extraordinary and measurable accomplishments/outcomes of a specific nature related to the individual’s responsibilities in his/her work unit in support of the achievement of the overall goals of the University.
- Significant contributions to building an effective work environment that strengthens teamwork, mentors/coaches and support colleagues, and achieves a service-oriented approach to the work of the unit and for the University.
Applications for performance-based promotions for professional staff shall be evaluated by the applicant’s immediate supervisor. The University recognizes the value of peer input and therefore, the applicant may include, as a part of their promotion packet, recommendations from peers and/or others who are familiar with their work. The University President shall determine the successful candidates from among the applicants.
AFT Performance-Based Promotion Schedule
- December 7, 2020
- Application Forms Available on the Human Resources Website
- February 16, 2021
- Application Due
- May 17, 2021
- Notification to the Professional Staff Member
- July 1, 2021
- Effective Date of the Performance-Based Promotion (if granted)
View more information about AFT Performance-Based Promotion procedures.
AFT Performance-Based Promotion Application
AFT Professional Staff who wish to apply for a performance-based promotion should complete and submit the AFT Performance-Based Promotion Application for Fiscal Year 2021.