The Learning, Development and Performance unit is committed to serving the needs of the Montclair State University community by offering a variety of management and professional development resources. We provide access to quality development opportunities, training (online and in-person) all geared toward creating an engaged and dynamic campus community. We offer resources that offer practical approaches to managing work and career through workshops, online programs, and informative resources to help employees develop both personally and professionally. These resources positively impact your effectiveness with productivity, job satisfaction, and personal fulfillment.
Student At-Risk Training for Faculty and Staff
College can be stressful at times. Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is promoting an important online training for all staff and faculty so they are prepared to refer at-risk students to critical campus resources.
- At-Risk Training will help you build the confidence to talk with a student who you are concerned about.
- This is an interactive 45-minute web-based simulation that teaches how to identify, approach and refer at-risk students.
- Visit the At-Risk Training webpage for additional information and to create a new account (Enrollment Key: montclair973).
Did You Know?
- Nearly 40% of college students have symptoms of depression that impact their academic performance.
- More than 1,000 suicides occur on U.S. college campuses each year.
- A mentally healthy campus is a safer campus.