- All CWA personnel who are assigned a 35-hour work week shall be eligible to work an extended day/four-day schedule for the weeks specified in the Appendix (attached) during the months of June, July and August 2023 (“Summer Work Schedule”). The Summer Work Schedule will not be followed during the weeks which include the July 4th Holiday and the Juneteenth Holiday, respectively. All personnel shall follow their normal work schedules during those weeks.
- Provided that an employee meets the requirement of a 35-hour workweek, there will be two (2) options for work hours during this period: (1) 8:00AM – 5:30PM; or (2) 7:30AM – 5:00PM. Both options include the sixty (60) minute lunch break: Employees shall consult and reach mutual agreement with their supervisors as to the scheduling of one 15-minute break during either the morning or afternoon.
- Each employee shall communicate his/her preferred Summer Work Schedule option to his/her supervisor and gain approval prior to the commencement of the Summer Work Schedule. The Supervisor will work with all affected employees in the unit to reach a mutually satisfactory schedule which meets the operational needs of the unit. Whichever Summer Work Schedule option is determined, the employee will follow that option for the duration of the 2023 Summer Work Schedule.
- The Summer Work Schedule shall be Monday through Thursday and exceptions to the Summer Work Schedule will be in effect where operational need requires such exceptions. Specific modifications will provide for staggering the schedule to be either Monday through Thursday, or Tuesday through Friday, or by other arrangement between management and the employee(s).
- Sick leave, vacation days and personal days shall be charged at the rate of 1 ¼ days (8.75 hours), per day of absence for those on the Summer Work Schedule.
- All other terms and conditions contained within the Contract between the State of New Jersey and the Communications Workers of America shall remain in effect.
- The Term of this Agreement shall be in effect June 5, 2023 through August 11, 2023.
2023 CWA Weekly Summer Work Schedule
- Week of June 12 – regular schedule with Friday, 6/16 as observed Juneteenth
- June 5, 19, 26
- Week of July 3 – regular schedule with Tuesday, 7/4 as observed 4th of July
- July 10, 17, 24
- August 7